So I got a call from a lady down at MD Anderson yesterday. I had been waiting to hear back from Dr. Bell about what we needed to do as far as radiation and to see if he had been in contact with MD. Instead of talking to Dr. Bell, MD call themselves to let me know I had an appointment scheduled for Monday Nov. 5th. I was real happy with how quickly they could see me, but then I got to thinking that maybe they wanted to see me that quick because they were worried after looking my medical files over.
I will meet with the doctor Monday at 8:30 in the morning and we will go from there on how long I will need to stay. I was told I could be there up to 5 to 7 business days. That is one thing I don't like is not having a set plan in place on when to fly home, how long to get a hotel room or how long we will need to rent a car for. Luckily MD has a travel agent they work with that can reschedule the return flight pretty easily with no charge. I am hoping to have everything set in stone by today so I don't have to stress about it.
As far as what I will be doing when I am down there...I don't have an answer. It will all be determined after I see the doctor and what she feels is necessary. My doctors up here have been in contact with the MD doctors during this whole process so being able to talk with them first hand so quickly makes me feel pretty lucky (if you want to look at it that way). I don't feel lucky that I am in this situation to have to go down there but I am lucky they are willing to help me during this situation.
On a positive note, the biopsies from the surgery came back negative. The abnormal cells that were found during the scope are still drawing a red flag to Dr. Laki, so he wants to get another biopsy in a month to stay on top of things. I am also doing three days worth of urinalysis to make sure those don't come back positive. If any of that comes back positive Dr. Laki could go scope the ureter (the tubes that run from the bladder to the kidney's) to makes sure there is nothing up there.
Hope everyone has a great weekend. We are heading to Tulsa for the CDRA finals and hopefully we will be able to stay warm.