Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Update..

Yesterday was my doctor's appointment with Dr Koeneke to go over my scans and numbers for my labs. I am not going to lie....I was pretty nervous.

My scans came back clear and all my numbers were where they needed to be. So that was a big relief to hear. I am going to go see a physical therapist because of the nerve that got nicked during surgery. The only job the nerve has is pulling the leg in toward the body. My right leg just isn't as strong as it use to be and I have noticed when I lay on my right side I am not able to lift my right leg up off the ground. So I will go meet with the doctor on Friday to see what he recommends. I will also be meeting with a radiation doctor next week. With this type of cancer it sometimes will migrate up to the brain so they have talked about possibly doing radiation to the brain. I am hoping I can get out of doing this because of the long term effects. I am also going back in to see Dr. Laki to get another scope of the bladder to make sure there isn't anything in there that didn't show up on the CAT scan.  After these appointments I will be free from everything for 3 months when I go back in to do another scan and blood work.

Just wanted to update everyone on the good news I received yesterday. Now just hoping the scope comes back clear and that I don't need radiation. 

Love,
Jeryka

No comments:

Post a Comment