Thursday, October 4, 2012

Bad taste

This past Saturday Kyle and I went up to De Soto to drop his dragster off so I can race it this coming weekend in St. Louis and while we were there I got to spend some time with my family. I hadn't seen my sister and her family since July 4th, which is a little too long. The whole family met at Jen and Jason's house for some hamburgers, hot dogs and college football.  It was nice to have the whole family together even if it was for just a little bit.

It is always nice to have a weekend home and get to relax. Racing season is about over but gymnastics season is about to start so my restful weekends are limited. Plus, I was getting really nervous about my CAT scan on Monday. I know everything is fine but I still think about the worse. I don't think I can go through any more chemo. I get anxiety when I just go in to get my blood work done and it makes me sick to my stomach thinking about sitting in that chair receiving treatment again.

I was not looking forward to drinking the bottle of barium Sunday night. I have heard so many people comment on how gross it taste, so I was dreading that. I took everyone's tips and put it in the refrigerator so it was cold when it was time to drink it. Once 10pm came around on Sunday, I tried to find anything and everything to do other than drink that stuff. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting but I wouldn't suggest drinking this stuff unless you have to.

Monday morning came around and I had to drink 1/2 of the second bottle before I went into my 7:15 appointment. This one went a little faster because I didn't mess around with the straw, I poured 1/2 of it into a solo cup and drank it from there. I was suppose to finish the rest of the bottle when I got there, but the nice lady didn't make me finish it. The scan lasted maybe 5 minutes but in that 5 minutes I had stuff pumped into me that made me feel like I was peeing myself and gave me a really bad taste in my mouth. Other than that everything went good. I won't know any results until I meet with my doctor on the 8th. 

I have been feeling really good the last couple of weeks. My appetite is back for the most part. I have days where food just doesn't settle well but it has gotten a lot better since I stopped treatment. My hair is starting to grow back, slowly but surely.  My new wig is nice, I have been wearing it everyday and it is nice not to have to do it in the mornings but I am ready to have my own hair back.

I will have an update for everyone after my doctors appointment on Monday. Hoping for good news!


1 comment:

  1. We are praying for good news. Love you.
    Randy and Sara