Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Up then down.

Just want to say congratulations to our friends Kelli and Luke on their marriage this past weekend. We had a blast and wish you the best!

On Monday I had a scope done of my bladder with Dr. Laki. He said everything looked good and that the incision from the surgery healed up nicely. I will repeat the scope in three months.

Today I had my radiation appointment with Dr. Bell. He was very open with everything and didn't beat around the bush. He is concerned with my cancer and it coming back somewhere we wouldn't be able to cure. There isn't enough information out there on this type of cancer to know what the best plan of action is. When this cancer is found in the lungs they will usually follow up with radiation to the brain because the small cell carcinoma has been found to spread up to the brain.

I am not as worried about the long term effects from the radiation as I am about the cancer coming back and coming back some place else that we wouldn't be able to cure. As of right now we are going to do another MRI to see if anything pops up and Dr. Bell is going to be in contact with MD Anderson down in Texas to see if I need to go down there to talk with them in person. They may just want to talk with doctors and I over the phone since we have been in contact with them and  we have been following what they recommend.

I am just so frustrated because we don't have a definite answer on what to do and how to get rid of this. I thought I was in the clear when I finished my chemo and the scans came back clear. I guess in the back of my mind I knew I wouldn't be in the clear for a while but I was sure hoping it was true. I just don't like not knowing if or even when it may show back up.

Right now all we can do is hope and pray our decisions now are the best and that the cancer won't come back.

Love,
Jeryka

3 comments:

  1. You are a strong person with a great family & support system! Stay positive girly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish love was a cure because you have so much of it in your life. We will keep praying and have faith that your treatment is going in the right direction. The frustration is understandable but doing everything to stop it now is important. I like that you are being pro-active not re-active. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeryka, They told me the same thing 28 years ago. But I also kept on top of my cancer. I have always checked my blood and mammagrams every year. In 2006 they found a lump in my breast, it was a pre-cancer. It was removed and I had no chemo,or radiation. I won't lie it is always on your mind every day, but you sound like the type of person that you won't let the cancer consume you. Stay strong!

    The Ekarts


    ReplyDelete