Sunday, April 7, 2013

Wheelies

I went to Tulsa with the family for the XDRL race. I was juhad aa crew this and it drove me crazy. I felt like I spent most of my time in the truck taking naps and eating since those were the two things that made me feel better.

This race was different than our normal races. Dad and JR raced in the top dragster class where you have to dial faster than 4.40 (in the 1/8 mile) and they qualify either 16 or 32 cars depending on car count. Kyle ended up getting in my car and racing because they needed one more entry to make it a 32 car ladder, which made it an all run field instead of cutting it down to 16 and having people (including JR) not qualify. I know it sounds confusing and believe it was even if you were there. Kyle's first run out was interesting. We took the weight out of the nose and turned the nitrous up to try and get it to run at least a 4.40. Needless to say it was moving!

Kyle's wheelie!

Overall the weekend went pretty well. I just wish I would have felt better so I could have enjoyed the weather and the company of good friends. I can't explain how I felt, it was just crappy and all I wanted to do was sleep. There wasn't one thing that fixed it and I think that is what drove me nuts. I would eat and feel better for maybe ten minutes then it was back to crap. I am hoping by tomorrow this hangover will be all over and I can stop eating everything in sight.

 JR has learned to control his wheelies with a wheelie bar.
Side view of Kyle's wheelie. Not too bad!
Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Love,
Jeryka

2 comments:

  1. Praying that you feel better soon.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, Missed you girl, Didn't even know you were at Tulsa, Wish I could have said hello, Hope you get feeling better Very soon, Getting the car fixed?
    Danny Nelson

    ReplyDelete