Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Radiation

I just finished my first round of full brain radiation.  I saw Dr Bell yesterday to go over the results from Houston.  I didn't think we would end up starting treatment the day after I saw the doctor but I was fine with it. I will do 10 treatments (1 each day for 10 days).  Each treatment will take maybe 20 mins total. Yesterday they made a mask that I will wear during each treatment. The mask was molded to fit my face exactly so I will get to take it home with me when I am done with treatment. 

This process was completely painless and easy.  A lot different than Gamma Knife. Let's just hope it works like Gamma Knife did. The doctors were really nice and worked with my schedule so I didn't have to miss work. They also let me have next Friday off so I can go to Indy to race.

Radiation will make me lose the hair I have worked really hard to grow. It will also cause fatigue.  I have no restrictions while I'm doing radiation, so that makes me feel a little better about it. They told me to just listen to my body and take it easy when I start getting tired.

Once I'm done with treatment I will start chemo again. Which I am not looking forward to but we will do what we got to do.

Love,
Jeryka

No comments:

Post a Comment